Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships program is a 13-year-old program launched by the government of Canada designed to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by offering them a significant financial award to assist them during their studies at Canadian universities.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships demonstrate leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, and engineering or health-related fields.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships help Canada’s universities attract excellent doctoral students from across Canada and around the world and these promising scholars help create a dynamic and innovative environment on Canadian university campuses.
● Host University: Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships;
● Host Country: Canada;
● Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
● Study Level: Master’s degree and Ph.D.;
● Scholarship Worth: $50,000;
● Subjects available: All Subjects;
● Eligible Countries: International Students;
● Application Deadline: 3rd November
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships are now open for Bachelor, Masters, and Ph.D. Student’s in all subjects available in the institution.
Number of Scholarships:
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships awards up to 166 scholarships annually.
Scholarship Benefits: All eligible students will be given an award valued at $50,000 each year for the three years by Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships.
All applicants must adhere to the following criteria in order to be accepted in this Scholarship: ● Applicants must be nominated by only one Canadian institution which must have received s Vanier CGS quota;
● Applicants must be pursuing their first doctoral degree;
● Students must have completed no more than 20 months of doctoral studies;
● Students must have achieved a first-class average as determined by your institution in each of the last two years of full-time study;
● Applicants need to complete an application for admission by the scholarship deadline.
Applications can be initiated in two ways, either the candidate informs the faculty graduate studies at the selected institution of their intent to apply to the Vanier CGS program or the institution uses the nomination process by contacting the desired candidate.
Candidates are required to prepare an application and submit it to the nominating institution by their internal deadline using the Research Net application system.
Applicants are required to successfully submit an application and all the necessary supporting documents to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships by the scholarship deadline which is mid-June each year.
Do well to visit the official website (link found below) for more information about the process
of applying for this scholarship.
Official Website: http://www.vanier.gc.ca/en/home-accueil.html