Vanderbilt University Scholarships
Vanderbilt University is a private research university in Nashville, Tennessee. Founded in 1873.
It consists of four undergraduate schools and six graduate schools situated in Nashville, Tennessee. As a prestigious university seeking diversity and inclusivity, Vanderbilt University has several scholarships/funding in place for international students.
Vanderbilt comprises ten schools and colleges, and it offers a series of programs for undergraduate and graduate students. It offers some popular majors includes; Economics, Social science, liberal arts and humanities, mathematics, computer science, Neuroscience and Neurobiology, political Science and Government, Mechanical Engineering, History, Spanish Language and Literature.
The university enrolled over 6,000 undergraduate and 5,000 graduate students from more than 90 countries. Vanderbilt University focuses on research, teaching, and experiential learning, and it has created a conducive environment for students.
Admission to Vanderbilt University is very competitive; students with outstanding records will have the edge in securing admission into Vanderbilt University, with an acceptance rate of 9%.
SAT Range 1470-1570
ACT Range 33-35
Application Fee $50
SAT/ACT (Considered but not required)
Vanderbilt is one of the few private academic institutions that offer significant merit scholarships to help encourage students with average financial backgrounds. As a result, the Vanderbilt merit scholarships are highly competitive, with less than 1% of applicants receiving a scholarship.
As we all know, Scholarships are highly important in helping prospective students achieve their educational careers irrespective of their dire financial status. Vanderbilt University scholarships programs are open to International first-year students.
Vanderbilt is recognized as one of America’s best need-based scholarship programs. The scholarships programs include a combination of grants, need-based scholarships.
The university’s main alumni base includes Nobel Prize winners, members of Congress, governors, ambassadors, judges, admirals, CEOs, university presidents, physicians, attorneys, and professional sports figures playing in the NFL, NBA, Major League Baseball, the PGA and LPGA.
In this article, we will be discussing some of the scholarships programs at Vanderbilt University.
Vanderbilt University scholarships for international students
Vanderbilt University Merit Scholarship
Merit Scholarships Opportunities at Vanderbilt University include; Ingram Scholars Program, Chancellors Scholarships, Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholarship. Vanderbilt offered need-based aid and merit scholarships to 72 students representing 35 countries. All students demonstrated exceptional academic.
Vanderbilt university scholarship is open to all students at the point of your application; applicants must first apply for admission, and this application can be made through some of the popular admission units such as the Common Application, Coalition Application and QuestBridge Application, all applications via this app will be directed to Vanderbilt University for the final assessment.
• U.S and international students are eligible for merit awards.
How to Apply
To be considered for merit awards scholarships, prospective students must first apply for admission separately by submitting the Common Application, Coalition Application, QuestBridge Application, or the Universal College Application to Vanderbilt.
Candidates whose first language or the language of learning is not English must submit official scores of one of the following English language proficiency tests: TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic.
Vanderbilt University recommended minimum scores of 100 on the internet-based TOEFL, a 230 on the computer-based TOEFL, a 7.0 on the IELTS, and a 70 on the PTE Academic.
The Merit Awards are subdivided into three categories.
- Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholarship: Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholarship began in 2007. This scholarship program has continued to show concern on bringing intellectual and leadership to Vanderbilt University. The scholarship covers full tuition grants, plus a summer stipend for study abroad, a research or service project, an immersive experience. Vanderbilt will also provide additional need-based financial aid to those Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholarship. The studentships are renewed each year as long as the recipient maintains at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Ingram Scholarship Program: in 1993, the Ingram Scholars program was established to help encourage students. The scholarship program encourages the student to create and implement an enabling environment where some needful projects can do for the community. Ingram Scholars receive full-tuition support each year plus stipends for special summer service projects. In addition, the Ingram Scholarship program is renewable annually for students who maintain a 3.0 minimum GPA and fulfil all the requirements.
- Chancellor’s Scholars: This scholarship program was created in 1985. The Chancellor’s Scholars was created to recognize students with good academic records, leadership and the scholarship program covers full tuition, plus a one-time summer stipend for study abroad, a research or service project, and an immersive experience following the sophomore or junior year.
Note: All the above-mentioned scholarship programs can be applied to via MyAppVU
International Awards at Vanderbilt University
The international awards at Vanderbilt University this award is available for International Students and Domestic Students. The scholarship is available for Undergraduate level program (s) in every subject taught at Vanderbilt University.
• Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
• Eligible Course or Subjects: Candidates are eligible to apply for any undergraduate program offered at Vanderbilt University.
• Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
• The applicants must be enrolled and accepted in a program at Vanderbilt University.
Deadline: 02, November 2021.
The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
Official high school transcript
Letter of recommendation from a counsellor
Two academic teacher recommendations
Applicants are required to submit SAT 1470-1570 or ACT 33-35 test scores to get into VU.
The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
TOEFL IBT – 100
IELTS – 7.0
PTE – 70
DET – 120
NOTE: Applicants can apply using the Coalition Application, Common Application, or the university portal to any undergraduate program at Vanderbilt University.
I hope that this article on Vanderbilt University Scholarship was helpful.
Originally posted 2021-10-27 11:39:12.