The George J. Mitchell Scholarship Program was established In honor of former US Senator George Mitchell’s crucial dedication and assistance to the Northern Ireland peace process. It is meant to recognize and encourage intellectual achievement, leadership, and commitment to community and public service, as well as to introduce and link future generations of American leaders to the island of Ireland.
Every year, up to twelve Mitchell Scholars between the ages of 18 and 30 are chosen for a postgraduate year of study in any field provided by Irish and Northern Irish higher education institutions.
The applications are picked based on scholarship procedures, leadership abilities, and acts of community service.
• Applicants must have a high GPA (3.8-4.0)
• Applicants must be US citizens and between the ages of 18 and 30.
• Prior to being a Mitchell scholar, applicants are required to hold a four-year certification from an accredited institution or college and should have a strong reason for wanting to pursue their graduate studies in Ireland.
• They must exhibit authority and permission
• They must also be involved in the community and public assistance.
How to Apply
All qualified applicants can easily apply for the 2022–2023 Mitchell Scholarship program since registration is completed online through the school’s official website. You can apply here (https://mitchell.us-irelandalliance.org/applicants/sign_up). By 5:00 PM Eastern Time on September 30, 2022, all application documents must be submitted online.