A master’s degree in business administration, or MBA, is one of the courses that most students all over the world want to enroll in. When pursuing MBA, will learn about finance, marketing, economics, sociology, and many other disciplines in MBA programs, enabling you to approach global company management holistically. Given their many uses, MBAs are practically a guarantee for professional success and a prerequisite for most multinational corporations searching for educated managers.
The United States, regarded as a center for entrepreneurs, has long been at the top of every MBA candidate’s list of ideal locations. This is proven by the fact that more than half of students who want to pursue management studies overseas usually send their GMAT scores to US universities each year.
How to apply for an MBA in the USA is one of the main obstacles that applicants must overcome. This page serves as a one-stop resource for all of your questions on the application process and qualifying requirements for various business schools. This article will also discuss other matters connected with studying in the United States.
Reasons for Studying MBA in the USA
There are several factors that make the USA a desirable place to study MBA programs.
• Quality and unparalleled education and a degree that is respected worldwide.
• USA offers an array of several MBA specializations and programs including Entrepreneurship, Management Consulting, Marketing, General Management, Healthcare Management, Operations Management, Information Security Management, Finance Leadership, Strategy, Environmental Management, and International Management.
• Many MBA programs in the US provide internship options that will allow you to get important experience working with respectable American businesses.
• Excellent opportunity for networking.
• Your pay potential and employment options will rise if you earn your MBA degree in the US.
• You get the chance of studying in a multicultural environment surrounded by talents from different nationalities.
The cost of an MBA degree varies depending on a number of variables, including the business school you attend and the length of your MBA program. In the USA, a full-time MBA degree typically costs more than $60,000 a year (indicative price). Your IDP counselor can inform you of the most up-to-date information on how much it costs to pursue an MBA in the United States and assist you in selecting the ideal business school that fits your financial capabilities.
The majority of MBA programs in the USA last two years. However, a few business schools in the USA offer an accelerated MBA that can be completed in a year.
How to select a University for your MBA program
It might be difficult to choose a university to attend. Here are some of the important criteria to take into account while choosing the best university for your MBA in the US:
• Academic Excellence: Check to see if the university you choose to attend has outstanding teaching standards and a high standard of education.
• Support for international students – It is recommended to pick a university with a well-thought-out structure for international students that include orientation to the university, assistance with housing, and other advisory services.
• Analysis of the university’s location and the surrounding region is important because you will be spending a lot of time there.
• MBA program costs should also be considered since they vary from institution to university.
Top Business Schools in USA for MBA program
• Northwestern University (Kellogg)
• Stanford University
• University of Chicago (Booth)
• Yale University
• New York University (Stern)
• Harvard University
• Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Sloan)
• University of Pennsylvania
• University of California-Berkeley (Haas)
• Columbia University
• Long Island University
• Rider University
• Valparaiso University
• University of Dallas
• Berkeley College
• Northwest Missouri State University
Other American business schools are;
• University of California, Riverside
• Texas A&M International University
• Wichita State University
• American University Washington DC
MBA admission requirements in the USA
The following are the requirements to study MBA in the United State;
• a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent from a reputable university or education facility
• GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) ranking or passing an admission test
• a test of English language skills, such as the IELTS or TOEFL (CV)
• 2nd Statement of Purpose Letters of Recommendation
• International study or work experience. Despite the fact that certain business schools could allow applicants without any prior job experience, they will prioritize those having a professional history. Internships will be taken into consideration by the admissions committee, although often, these kinds of experiences are viewed as supplemental.
• Minimum of three years of full-time experience
• You need to acquire a valid Visa. For the student visa interview, you will need a current passport and any prior passports, a recent photo the size of a passport on a white backdrop (50mm x 50mm), a confirmation page for Form DS-160 with barcode, receipts for the HDFC visa application fee, SEVIS receipt, I-120, and the VFS appointment letter.
The minimum accepted score for English tests is;
• TOEFL iBT: 89 – 94 / paper-based: 577 – 587
• IELTS Academic: 6.0 or 6.5
• C1 Advanced: 142 to 210
• PTE Academic: between 59 and 63
The first step is to do extensive research on the courses available and the career the aspirant wants to follow. There are many different business courses available in the USA, so it’s important to know exactly which one you want to do, the field of expertise you need to focus on, and whether or not it will eventually help you achieve your goals. Prior to applying for admission, make sure to contact schools and universities at least 12 to 18 months in advance.
• Verify your eligibility for the colleges you intend to apply to and see whether you fulfill the cutoff requirements.
• Complete the applications.
• Pay for the application cost
• Work on pertinent papers like SOPs, essays, and LORs.
• Try to submit the application before the deadline for financial aid.
You can research more ways to apply.
Popular Scholarships for MBA
Organizing a sizable sum of money for studies might be a difficult endeavor. Most American institutions don’t provide financial aid or exemptions of tuition for professional degrees like an MBA. As a result, students frequently search for scholarships to pay for their studies. International students have access to programs provided by various governments, organizations, and particular universities to finish their professional degrees. Additionally, it is crucial that students constantly pay attention to the qualifying requirements and various expenditures covered by the scholarship they are given. Some of the popular scholarships in the USA for MBA programs are;
• University of Pennsylvania, Wharton- Emerging Economy Fellowships
Online MBA’s in the USA
• Nottingham Trent University
• Arden University
• London School of Business and Finance
• University of Essex
• University of Birmingham Online
I hope that this article on MBA requriemnet for international stduents was helpful.