UNICAL Admission List 2023: The university was established on October 25, 1975. The Calabar campus of the University of Nigeria, NSUKKA was established in 1973/74, with 154 students enrolled and a small staff of academics, administrators, and technicians.
In April 1975, the FMG declared that it would establish seven new universities at selected locations across the country under the Third National Development Plan. The University of Calabar was among the seven universities set up under this scheme by the FMG. The University of Calabar is located in a developed area of seventeen hectares on the eastern side of the city, between the Great Kwa River and the Calabar river. Additional land has been purchased on both sides of the Great Kwa River for the development of the university. Calabar is an ancient city, with a long history of culture and contacts with Western civilization.
Is the UNICAL Admission List Out?
Yes, The University of Calabar Administration released the first list of admissions as of September 2023, The Admission List is on the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) CAPS Portal and you can also check on the UNICAL admission portal.
How to Check the UNICAL Admission List
Here are steps to check out the University of Calabar admission list for 2023/2024:
- Firstly, visit the school website at UNICAL.
- Locate the Buy admission status checker pin online on the UNICAL menu page and click.
- You will be redirected to the page to get your admission checker pin. Admission Checker Link
- Input your Jamb registration number and click on the search button.
- You will be asked to make the required payment after you are given the admission pin.
- Go back to the Admission Checker portal at Admission Checker
- Type in your Jamb registration number and the pin you purchased into the portal.
- Admission checker cards may be acquired through the following banking institutions:
- Heritage Bank, Calabar Road
- UMFB, University of Calabar
- First City Monument Bank, Calabar Road
- Wema Bank, Murtala Muhammed H/Way
- Candidates whose names appear on the admission list are asked to print out the admission status slip and keep it for review at their different branches. They should also make sure to pay their admission fee on the EtranzACT PLATFORM at any commercial bank or universal financial institution. Here are more steps to follow:
- Applicants whose names are included on this list are kindly requested to log in to the JAMB portal within 72 hours of this publication to either accept or reject their admission offers. Failure to do so may result in the admission being revoked.
- YET-to-BE admitted students whose scores are within the allowed cut-off range with the right subject combination should check their admissions status on the school portal on a regular basis.
- Be sure to check out the Jamb portal if you haven’t already done that so you can accept the admission.
What to do After getting Admission from the University of Calabar?
Now that you’ve got your name checked out on UNICAL’s admission list for 2023/2024 on the UNICAL portal or JAMB’s CAPS, here’s what you need to do next.
- Print your admission letter on both the school website and on Jamb Portal.
- Make payment for accommodation/hostel fee
- Make payment for acceptance fees
- Get ready to go back to school as a fresher for the 2022/2023/24 academic year!
- Make Payment for your School fees